Vastu shastra is an ancient Indian science of Vedic origin that deals with proper construction of a house. An age old technique, Vastu defines building of homes in sync with the natural forces. A vaastu perfect home not only attains complete harmony with natural forces, but also brings in prosperity, good thought and sound health to its residents. There are certain basic principles that are considered Vastu-logically correct for the making and designing of the house. Following these principles, while constructing a house or even choosing one would be highly beneficial and advantageous. Read on to know more about the fundamental principles of vastu.
Basic Principles Of Vaastu Shastra
• For people who are planning to buy a plot, make sure you get one that is in south west, south & west directions. Theses plots are considered more advantageous than others.
• Plots that are square or rectangular in shape are better than irregular cut ones. Also, the plot should be slopping towards the north & east or northeast.
• A house which has mango, banana or a jamun tree in the vicinity is not considered auspicious. However, a peepal tree in the west side at some distance from the house is considered auspicious. So is an imli tree if it is in southwest direction of the house.
• A house with anaar, ashoka, chandan, champa, chameli,gulaab , nariyal & keshar tree around is considered auspicious.
• At the time of making a building, make sure that it has open space on all sides. The levels of open spaces should be higher in south and west sides and lower in north and east side.
• In case you construct more than one floor, prepare the first floor on Southwest. The height of first floor should not be more than the ground floor. Also, ensure that there is no storeroom on the first floor.
• The entrance of the house should idyllically be in the northeast, east or north direction. This would bring in good luck, prosperity and harmony in the house.
• In case you have a big house with an extra room, make the room in the northwest or northeast direction as guestroom.
• Since center denotes Brahmasthan, make sure it is free from any sorts of obstructions. There should be no beam, pillar, fixture, toilet, staircase or even a wall or lift.
• As for the shape and size of the door, the width of the door should be half to the height of the door.
• Paintings and statues in the house are also an important consideration to make when it comes to vastu shastra. Picture depicting war, violence or any negativities of life like sorrow and struggle should not be in the house.
• The living room of the house should be in the east, north and northeast directions.
• According to vastu, the bedroom should be positioned in southwest, south or west direction of the house.
• The kitchen should be in the Agni Kond. Ideally, the best bet is to have the kitchen in the southeast. In case you cannot have it in the southeast direction, one in the northwest or east direction is also favorable.